Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Project 52 ~ Week 18

I wanted a challenge to test the new skills I learnt whilst completing my course with the Open University.

Various photography friends on facebook had talked about project 365's and project 52's on Flickr, I decided that one of these projects could be just what I needed. 

So what are these projects?  There are various groups on Flickr that are participating in these projects.  The projects I have chosen lists a new theme each week (hence project 52) so I need to take a photograph within that week of that particular theme. I find that I tend to take photographs of similar subjects, so someone else deciding on a theme for me (I am hoping) will vary the subjects and style of photography.

I have started a little late we are now on week 18 (I know, where does the time go?).  This weeks theme is "First thing in the morning".  I had a few ideas for this theme.  I did think about waking the children one morning and snapping them as they were rubbing thier eyes and moaning that they were still tired, but thought that may be a tad cruel.  My next idea was to photograph them as they were either getting ready for school or on thier way to school.  Then it occured to me.  I am doing this challenge to try and widen the subjects I photograph and since the majority of my photographs are of mine and friends children this was going to be playing it safe. 

I woke early one morning and noticed the dew on the grass and flowers in the garden, so (still in my night clothes) grabbed my camera and started snapping away. Here is my submission for this weeks theme. 

Week 18 ~ Theme "First thing in the morning" ~ Dew on a bluebell




0 comments:


Twitter